LOSD uses Twitter as an emergency communications channel, enabling parents and students to receive urgent communications online and as text messages on their cell phones. This is the fastest way to receive all urgent notifications.
If you do not have a Twitter account:
Use SMS follow to receive Twitter updates from LOSD as text messages without having to sign up or add your phone to a Twitter account
- Send a text message to 40404 that says “Follow LOSD_Proud”
- You’ll receive a text message whenever @LOSD_Proud posts an urgent notification.
If you have a Twitter account:
- Connect your phone to your account (Twitter support article)
- Turn on Text (SMS) notifications from LOSD (Twitter support article)
- Go to your Settings and privacy
- Click Mobile tab on left side of page
- In the text notifications section, check the box for Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications and Save Changes
- Follow Lake Oswego Schools (@LOSD_Proud)
- Under More User Actions (to the right of the Follow button) on the LOSD profile page, select Turn on Mobile Notifications
To connect your phone to your account, add your mobile phone number in your account information and follow directions for verifying your phone. (Twitter help article)
To Turn on Text (SMS) notifications from LOSD:
- Visit your Settings page (click on your account icon at the top of the page and select Settings from the dropdown menu).
- Click the Mobile tab on the left side of the Settings page.
- Look for the area labeled text notifications.
- Check the box for "Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications" and Save Changes.
- Search for @LOSD_Proud and click on
(If you are already LOSD, go to step 6.)
- Click on the settings icon () for @LOSD and select "Turn on mobile notifications." Please note that your phone must be connected to your account and verified before this option will be available.