Community School K-5 Enrichment Offerings ONLY at Palisades
If your child attends Hallinan, Westridge, or River Grove and is registered for an offering through Community School:
- Students will be checked into Extended Day and receive a wristband at the front desk identifying that they are registered for an offering.
Families that have a child enrolled in a 3:30 pm offering will not be charged for Extended Day services during this time.
Families that have a child enrolled in a 4:30 pm offering will be charged for Extended Day Services during this time.
If your child attends Lake Grove, Forest Hills, or Oak Creek at Uplands and is registered for an offering through Community School:
- Forest Hills: The Extended Day bus will go to FH, pick up students for Palisades (Community School Offerings) and Lake Grove Programs (Extended Day). The first stop will be Lake Grove and second stop will be Palisades.
- Oak Creek: The Extended Day bus will go to OC @ UP, pick up students for Palisades (Community School Offerings) and Lake Grove Programs (Extended Day). The first stop will be Lake Grove and second stop will be Palisades.
- Lake Grove:Lake Grove students attending Palisades will go to the gym to check in with an Extended Day Provider. The Extended Day Provider will identify students registered for offerings at Palisades and take those students up to the front to load students onto a bus. Then, when the first bus comes from (FH or OC), students will board the bus. Only one bus will transport students to Palisades for enrichment offerings.
Schools: Staff/Teacher roles
It is very important that you communicate to your child's teacher and school if your child is registered for a Community School offering.
- FH and OC: identify which students need to go to Palisades and which students need to go to Lake Grove with stickers (Palisades or Lake Grove). This is very important to keep consistent communication to all parties.
- The identification stickers will:
- Help Extended Day providers sort to ensure all students are in the right place and right bus. They will also have rosters with student names who are enrolled in classes.
- Keep bus drivers in communication on who should be where.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Students enrolled in Sports programs should be at their perspective program school, otherwise, the student will be late for the course.
- Lake Grove Extended Day Program: LG,FH, OC @ UP
- Palisades Extended Day Program: WR, RG, HAL
- Transportation for enrichment classes will begin the Week of October 14th.
- Offerings vary in day, time, and term.
- Extended Day Programs:
- Lake Grove and Palisades
- No school days/Early Release at 11:00 pm ONLY at Palisades
- K-5 Enrichment Offerings: Palisades
- K-5 Sport Enrichment Offerings: Lake Grove and Palisades
If you have any questions, please call Community School at 503-534-2302.