Class of 2019 Senior Information
CLICK here for link of SENIOR INFORAMTION...or information is below
Below is all the information you need to know about senior events. Please check back as dates/times may be updated.
Important Dates and Events
Things You Gotta Do
**Note: all dates and times are subject to change. As new information is given, the website will be updated.
Important Dates and Events
Wednesday, April 3rd SENIOR CLASS MEETING
Auditorium – Mandatory for seniors
Announcement/paper products distribution
Wednesday, April 17th SENIOR CLASS MEETING
Cafeteria, 9:55am – Mandatory for seniors
Cap & Gown distribution
SENIOR GRADUATION SPEAKER
Friday, April 26th SENIOR GRADUATION SPEAKER
APPLICATION & SPEECH DEADLINE
Due by 4pm to Mrs. Murphy
TBD GRAD PARTY BUS SIGN-UP
In the commons during both lunches
TBD CLEARANCE FORMS AVAILABLE Distributed in Senior English classes
Wednesday, May 29th SENIOR CLEARANCE FORMS DUE
Thursday, May 30th - Friday, May 31st FINAL EXAMS FOR SENIORS
Monday, June 3rd MERIT AWARDS ASSEMBLY
Seniors must report at 12:45pm to the cafeteria. GOWNS ONLY – EVENT IS MANDATORY
MERIT AWARDS RECEPTION
In the Cafeteria - following the assembly
For all seniors & family members
Tuesday, June 4th SENIOR BREAKFAST
Seniors to board buses to Rolling Hills - 9:00am
Seniors report at 5:30pm to RHCC Ceremony – 7:00pm Rolling Hills
3550 SW Borland Rd., Tualatin 97062
SENIOR GRAD PARTY
Begin boarding buses at 9:30pm
Thursday, June 20th – Friday, June 21st DIPLOMAS AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP
8:00am – 2:00pm
Diplomas not picked up will be mailed
- Check the status of your college application:
Find out if your file is complete at the college. Some colleges allow you to check online to see if they have all of the pieces they need; for others it will require a phone call. If you have checked on Naviance and know that all of the pieces have been sent and the college says it hasn't received something, talk to Julie Batson or your counselor right away. We can help you make sure they get what they need.
- Apply for housing as soon as you know where you're going to attend---Don't wait until June!
- File the FAFSA and OSAC as soon as possible. Deadline for the OSAC is February 15th for early bird review and scholarship drawing OR March 1st final deadline, no exceptions. Search for other financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Turn in 2 Career-Related Learning Experiences to your counselor so you can graduate!
- Check the weekly announcements, the Lakeridge website or the Class of 2018 Facebook page for any senior activities or updates.
Senior Checkout ~ the Final Week:
- You’ll need to complete your Clearance Form! Forms will be available in senior English classes. If you do not receive your form, you may pick one up from Mrs. Elske. DO NOT LOSE THESE FORMS.
- Checkout procedure: You must obtain signatures from all of the following people/offices indicating that you have turned in books, materials, and paid all fees:
- Teachers & Coaches ~ be sure you have turned in all athletic uniforms, paid all sports fees and returned any items borrowed from teachers.
- Library ~ all library books and textbooks must be turned in or you will need to have paid for the books that have been lost. Please check on this prior to your final week!
- Counseling ~ pay transcript fees and complete the Senior Exit Survey.
- Bookkeeper ~ Take care of outstanding fees BEFORE checkout! The book keeper will sign-off ONLY if you have no outstanding fees.
Ms. Beers will be the final step of the clearance process.
- Clearance forms need to be turned in by May 30th to Ms. Beers. Once you have turned in this form, you will be able to pick up your graduation tickets during the graduation rehearsal.
MERIT AWARDS ASSEMBLY:
- June 3rd at 1:15pm in the Auditorium
- This is a mandatory event for seniors.
- Seniors wear graduation gowns (graduation caps are not worn) to the Merit Awards Assembly. Press gowns with a cool iron. Please, no baseball caps or hats of any kind. No jeans; dress appropriately. Shoes, not flip-flops, are required for everyone.
MERIT AWARDS ASSEMBLY PROCEDURES:
- Parents and guests should plan to arrive at the Lakeridge Auditorium by 12:45pm.
- Seniors, in gowns, will line up in the cafeteria at 12:45pm.
- Seniors will enter the auditorium in pairs at 1:15pm.
- There is Reserved Seating for the senior class only.
- Parents and guests must be seated prior to seniors entering. In the interest of fairness, no advanced seating arrangements for parents will be made.
- Seniors are to remain in the Auditorium at the conclusion of the ceremony. They will be dismissed to join parents and guests in the Cafeteria for the Senior Reception.
- Seniors receiving awards should write thank you notes to the individual(s) or groups giving the award.
MERIT AWARDS RECEPTION:
The Lakeridge Merit Awards Committee
Cordially Invites You to a Reception Honoring
all Seniors and their Parents.
Monday, June 3, 2019
Immediately following the Merit Awards Assembly
The 2019 Commencement Ceremony:
Tuesday, June 4th
7:00pm at Rolling Hills
The address is 3550 SW Borland Rd., Tualatin, Or 97062
DISTRIBUTION OF CAPS & GOWNS:
- If your senior did not pick up their cap and gown on April 17th, please see Liz Murphy in the Main Office.
- If you have not ordered one, call Jostens directly at 800-567-8367.
- Limited scholarships are available for those who need them; please contact your counselor for this option.
- Tuesday, June 4th at 8:30am in the cafeteria.
- Attendance is mandatory for the breakfast and Graduation Rehearsal. Seniors who do not attend will not be able to walk during the graduation ceremony.
- Ceremony tickets, honor cords and seat assignments will be given at the Graduation Rehearsal.
- Seven (7) tickets per senior will be issued.
- Tickets will be distributed following the Senior Breakfast and before the Graduation Rehearsal. Seniors must be cleared before picking up their tickets.
- Lost tickets will NOT be replaced.
- If you do not need all of the tickets given to your senior, please contact Liz Murphy. These tickets will be used for those in need.
- If there are extra tickets, they will be available for purchase beginning April 15th for $15 each. Tickets can be purchased with the bookkeeper. Please note, these tickets will be given out to your senior with the original seven tickets.
- Tuesday, June 4th. All graduating seniors are required to attend. SENIORS WHO DO NOT ATTEND, WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WALK AT THE GRADUATION CEREMONY.
- Seniors will board buses to go to Rehearsal following the breakfast and final clearance; the Rehearsal should be over by noon.
- Seniors will pick up honor cords and tickets before beginning the rehearsal. Seniors must be cleared before picking up these items.
- Seniors are required to leave the building immediately following rehearsal as school is still in session for the rest of the student body.
- Lost tickets will NOT be replaced.
- If you will have a family member in a wheelchair, please email Liz Murphy at email@example.com by May 17th with the name of the person needing seating. Guests will have a reserved space for a maximum of 2 people. Upon arrival, please check in with a volunteer who will escort you to the seating area.
- Doors for accessible seating will open at 6:00pm. All accessible seating guests will need a ticket for admittance.
- All seniors must wear the designated caps and gowns. There will be no exceptions.
- All seniors must wear caps and gowns free of symbols, emblems or other decorations. This is a formal ceremony, without distractions, in honor of parents and students. Caps that are decorated or marked in any way will be confiscated. Only honor cords may be worn.
- No other items are allowed at graduation other than the students’ cap and gown. Please do not provide anything to your senior to bring to the graduation ceremony. A robe check will occur just before the ceremony begins.
- Seniors should bring a change of clothes for the graduation all-night party. They may change immediately following the ceremony. The change of clothes needs to be kept by the family.
- Press gowns with a cool iron.
- Please, no baseball caps or hats of any kind. No jeans; appropriate dress and shoes required for everyone. This is a formal ceremony.
- Dress Guidelines:
- gentlemen are encouraged to wear slacks, a collared shirt, socks and shoes.
- ladies are encouraged to wear lightweight dresses or pants. Tradition dictates minimal, simple jewelry with caps and gowns.
- Tuesday, June 4th at 7:00pm at Rolling Hills
- Graduates need to assemble at the side entrance of RHCC at 5:30pm where they will be lined up, in proper order, for the Commencement Processional. Graduates will also be taking their photo at this time.
- There will NOT be a changing room, so grads should wear their caps and gowns to the ceremony.
- Doors will open at 6:15pm for seating by ticket only.
- Doors for accessible seating will open at 6:00pm. Accessible seating will need a ticket for admittance.
- Please do not bring strollers as there are narrow aisles between rows.
- Balloons, confetti or silly string is
*Special note: A form is available for any senior class member who chooses not to participate in Commencement. This form must be signed by parents and turned in to their counselor by Friday, May 10th. You may pick up the form from Emma Kelly, Registrar.
- AisA Photography will take a photograph of each graduate with their diploma. You will be able to go to the AisA Photography website to view and order pictures online. You are under no obligation to purchase the photo. This transaction is between you and AisA Photography.
- Class of 2019 Graduation Photos can be viewed after June 11th at:
- Login code: LRHS
- There will NOT be a professional photographer at the Graduation Reception to take formal photos.
- Diplomas will be available for pick up June 20th – 21st in the Main Office from 9:00am-3:00pm. Diplomas will not be inserted into the embossed covers presented to graduates during the Commencement Ceremony. No diplomas will be given out prior to this date.
- Diplomas not picked up will be mailed.
- Parking is located at Rolling Hills. There are many designated handicapped spaces for those that have a permit. You may also drop off guests at the front entrance first and then find parking.
Graduation Day events:
- 8:30am ~ Senior Breakfast - Cafeteria
- All Seniors MUST attend the breakfast!
- 9:00am ~ Board buses for Graduation Rehearsal
- 7:00pm ~ Graduation Ceremony
- Graduates report to RHCC by 5:30pm
- Doors open at 6:15pm (no early admittance)
- 9:30pm ~ Graduates need to start loading buses for Grad Night
- Side parking area
- Please leave all belongings with parents.
- All Seniors MUST attend the breakfast!
All seniors are invited to attend the graduation party. The purpose of Grad Nite is to provide a supervised celebration of graduation. The cost of the ticket includes all food, entertainment, music, and prizes in a safe, chaperoned environment. Information regarding bus sign-ups will be coming.
* Be sure to register ahead of time
* Busses will board beginning at 9:30pm
* Busses will leave approximately at 10:00pm
* Please plan the night accordingly. Graduates should change into comfortable clothes and parents should collect cap, gown and other valuables from student.
* Please check back for updates, sign up days and permission forms.
** Any questions regarding Graduation, contact Liz Murphy or Desiree Fisher.
Liz Murphy - 503-534-2325 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Desiree Fisher – 503.534.2319 ext. 2258 or email@example.com
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 and their families!