The Lake Oswego School District is interested in furthering international understanding through international education and student exchange programs. Foreign exchange students are admitted to our schools through recognized, district-approved exchange organizations.
The superintendent assigns the number of spaces available for foreign exchange students in the high schools in order to assure that all District high school students have the opportunity to benefit from exchange programs and that the numbers do not negatively impact the educational opportunities and resources available to District students.
- Junior and senior high school students only (who have not yet graduated from a secondary institution).
- Full-year in duration and for no longer than one year**.
- Must be placed by an approved Foreign Exchange organization (annual agency application required)
- Ten students may be admitted each school year. Maximum five at each high school.
- Each agency may place no more than two students per year.
- The student must apply to the high school to which the host family is located. (i.e. if the host family is in the Lakeridge boundary, the student must apply to Lakeridge High School.)
- Agency applications are accepted starting on February 1 prior to the upcoming school year.
- Student application deadline: July 1st prior to each school year.
- Minimum ELTiS score: 222.
Refer to the Procedures and Guidelines for Enrolling Foreign Exchange Students for further information.
* Overseas visitors to Lake Oswego are not permitted to "shadow" LOSD students while visiting. All foreign exchange students must apply through an approved agency.
** Short-term placements (less than one year) are prohibited.