Entering Kindergarten 2019-20?
- Open to students who will be five years old by September 1
- Geographical boundaries determine the attendance area for each school in Lake Oswego. Search for your resident school by entering your address in our SchoolSearch database
- Attend the Kindergarten information night (Kindergarten Counts) on January 23, 2019, 6:00 pm, at your resident school. Parents only, no students.
- Online registration will be used for the 2019-20 school year and will be available after January 23, 2019
Online Registration and Enrollment Guidelines
NEW FOR 2019 - ONLINE REGISTRATION!
In 2019, Kindergarten Counts coincides with the debut of the District's new online registration portal. Rather than providing a paper registration form that night (January 23, 2019), parents will learn about online registration so that they can later enroll their children from home or wherever they access the internet. Additional information will be posted on the LOSD website.
- Students must be five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
- Parents of children with a fifth birthday on or between September 2 and September 15 may request consideration for early admission. Please contact Eden Armstrong at the District office: 503-534-2490 or email@example.com
- Lake Oswego elementary schools offer a full-day kindergarten program to all students.
- All enrollments are date and time stamped upon receipt.
- On May 1st, any school that has more age-eligible* registered kindergarten students than capacity will be entered into a lottery.
- Lottery Deadline: May 1, 2019
- Siblings will be given priority in the lottery but MUST apply by the May 1 deadline.
- Lottery Date: May 8, 2019
- Lottery Notification Date: May 10, 2019
- All enrollments not selected in the lottery or received after the May 1 cut off, whose school is at capacity, would then be automatically overflowed to other schools in the district.
- Overflow schools won't be finalized until summer and we will notify families as soon as school assignments are determined.
- Bus transportation will be provided for overflow students.
- Any students who are overflowed for kindergarten will return to their home school for 1st grade.
*early-admission students must be assessed and pass the approval process and will be placed at the end of the applicant list.
Kindergarten Enrollment Status by School: 2018-19
In the event that the number of kindergarten registrants exceeds the number of spaces available at each resident school, new registrants will be assigned to another district elementary school. Current status:
- Westridge - Accepting kindergarten students
- Lake Grove - Accepting kindergarten students
- Hallinan - Accepting kindergarten students
- River Grove - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at River Grove***. Nofication of school placement will occur as soon as possible.
- Oak Creek - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at Oak Creek***. Nofication of school placement will occur as soon as possible.
- Forest Hills - Accepting kindergarten students