Entering Kindergarten 2019-20?
- Open to students who will be five years old by September 1.
- Geographical boundaries determine the attendance area for each school in Lake Oswego. Search for your resident school by entering your address in our SchoolSearch database.
- Online registration is available for the 2019-2020 school year. Please direct any enrollment inquiries to your resident school.
- Kindergarten Transition Program (7/29-8/8 9am-12pm) is available through the Lake Oswego Community School. View the flyer for more information and to register.
- Kindergarten Assessments: August 26-28,2019. (Your child’s school will contact you in August with a date and time for your child’s Kindergarten
- Kindergarten first day of school: Thursday, August 29, 2019. (Please note: Thursdays are early release at 2:00pm)
We are excited to welcome your student to the Lake Oswego School District for the 2019-20 school year! If you have any questions regarding the first day of school, would like to confirm whether your paperwork has been received, or the August 26-28, 2019 assessment schedule, please contact your resident school directly.
Online Registration and Enrollment Guidelines
In 2019, kindergarten registration will be done on the District's new online registration portal. Rather than providing a paper registration form, families will use online registration to enroll their child(ren). Please direct any enrollment inquiries to your resident school.
- Students must be five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
- Parents of children with a fifth birthday on or between September 2 and September 15 may request consideration for early admission. Please contact Lisa Oliva at the District office: 503-534-2120 or email@example.com for more information.
- Lake Oswego elementary schools offer a full-day kindergarten program to all students.
Online registration SHOULD be used if:
- You are registering a new student who has never attended an LOSD school or program at any time in grade K-12 or post-high school.
- You live within LOSD boundaries.
- You are registering your student for one of the District's 6 schools.
Online registration should NOT be used if:
- Returning Student: your student withdrew from an LOSD school in the past, is not currently enrolled in LOSD, and is now returning to an LOSD school. Use the paper registration form.
- Preschool or pre-kindergarten: you wish to enroll your student into preschool or pre-kindergarten. (Apply through LOSD's Community School.)
- Early Admission: you wish to enroll your student into a grade level that is above the student’s age. Visit our Kindergarten Early Admission page for information about this grade level.
Kindergarten Enrollment Status by School: 2019-20
In the event that the number of kindergarten registrants exceeds the number of spaces available at each resident school, new registrants will be assigned to another district elementary school. Current status:
- Westridge - Accepting kindergarten students.
- Lake Grove - Accepting kindergarten students.
- Hallinan - Accepting kindergarten students.
- River Grove - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at River Grove*** Notification of school placement will occur as soon as possible.
- Oak Creek - Accepting kindergarten students.
- Forest Hills - Accepting kindergarten students.
Please contact your resident school for all enrollment inquiries.