About the District
Lake Oswego School District is a high-performing K-12 comprehensive public school district with a learning community dedicated to creating a culture of belonging and educational excellence. LOSD has been rated the best school district in Oregon, and among the top in America, for decades.
- Ranked #1 school district and #1 best teachers in the state and among the top in the nation by Niche 2022
- Ranked among the top 5 high schools in Oregon, and in the top 3% of all high schools in the nation by US News and World Reports 2022
- Graduation rate #1 in the state (Oregon Department of Education Report Card 2021)
- Grades K-12 rated highest in academic achievement and academic growth (Oregon Department of Education report card 2021)
The LOSD learning community is made up of approximately 6,900 students and their families served by appropriately 850 educators and staff members in 11 schools, which include:
- 6 neighborhood elementary schools and 1 world language immersion elementary school (grades PreK-5)
- 2 middle schools (grades 6-8)
- 2 high schools and one regional recovery charter school (grades 9-12),
- 1 Community Transition Program (up to age 21)
LOSD is a suburban district located approximately 10 miles south of Portland, Oregon. Lake Oswego is recognized for its natural beauty, sense of community, and excellent schools.
The LOSD administration building is located on the campus of Lake Oswego High School. Map of LOSD Administrative Building