The Lake Oswego School Board is the elected governing body of the school district. Its five volunteer members serve four-year terms and are charged with the following responsibilities:
- School board members make the decisions and establish policies, charting direction of our schools.
- They represent the Lake Oswego community by providing local control and instilling community priorities in our public schools.
- They establish and oversee the administration of an $80 million budget each year.
- They serve as the board of directors for an institution with 7,000 students and 750 employees.
- They have the ultimate responsibility for the successful education of our children.