Lake Oswego School Board
The Lake Oswego School Board is the elected governing body of the school district. Its five volunteer directors serve four-year terms and are charged with the following responsibilities:
- School board directors make the decisions and establish policies, charting the direction of our schools.
- They represent the Lake Oswego community by providing local control and instilling community priorities in our public schools.
- They establish and oversee the administration of the district budget each year.
- They serve as the board of directors for an institution with approximately 7,000 students and 850 employees.
- They have the ultimate responsibility for the successful education of our children.