ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL ROUTINES AND BUS ROUTES
Families are welcome to drop students off beginning at 8:00 am, where students can line up in with their class in physically distanced lines. Students will be let into the building starting at 8:10, and class begins promptly at 8:20. Students will continue to enter their classrooms through assigned entrances (see below). We are asking that parents and caregivers do not park and walk their child/ren in. We will have many warm and welcoming adults who will be there to support students through the arrival process.
MTWF: 8:20 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
TH: 8:20 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Click here for the full schedule on the district website.
Assigned Location for Lining Up and Entering the Building:
- Kindergarten and 1st Graders: At the front entrance under the overhang
- 2nd and 3rd Graders: Near the garden area (to the left of the front entrance)
- 4th and 5th Graders: Near the West door to the building near the bike racks (to the right of the front entrance)
Please note: if your student is tardy (arrives after 8:20), please have them go through the front doors to the office to check in.
Parent Drop Off Notes:
In order to help with student safety and traffic flow in the lot and the neighborhood, please:
- avoid arriving early.
- pay close attention to staff.
- pay close attention to pedestrians in the lot and neighboring streets.
- if driving, come north up Kingsgate only, then through the parking lot.
- encourage children who can to unbuckle car seats and get out on their own.
- support your children who need assistance unbuckling.
- say goodbye quickly and move safely out of the lot.
All busses will arrive at the Melrose gate. Students will get off the bus at 8:10. We will have staff there to greet students and walk them to their teacher. Bus routes can be viewed here: LOSD 22-22 Bus Routes
Walkers should arrive between 8:00-8:10, but not before. Parents will need to walk students to school. Only the Kingsgate Crosswalk will have a duty.
- Students will be walked by an adult to the the bus pick up area (on Melrose) or the parent pick up area (in front of the school).
- Cars can begin lining up at 2:25 (grades K-1) and 2:40 (grades 2-5) (1:45 and 2:00 on Thursdays)
- If you are meeting your child on foot, you can wait in one of the marked locations for your child to walk to meet you, (masks are not required, but strongly encouraged).
- Please read below for specifics for each grade level: