School Resource Officers
School Resource Officers (SRO) are full-time sworn police officers trained in emergency preparedness, crisis management, community policing concepts, and problem-solving. They are employed by the Lake Oswego Police Department (LOPD) to serve the Lake Oswego School District (LOSD) community. Per the agreement between LOSD and the City, the duties of the SROs include:
- Serve as a liaison between LOSD and LOPD.
- Meet regularly with school administrators to support Restorative Practices.
- Provide assistance with any threat assessments when a person is a possible threat to themselves or others.
- Help our schools prepare for the event of an emergency; plan for and assist with all required drills and any incidents.
- Implement safety and security measures at large gatherings such as athletic events and school dances, as well as help with traffic safety and enforcement in and around the schools.
- Serve as a go-to resource for students and their parents/guardians on matters of safety and security.
Getting to Know Our SROs video
Request more information about our SRO program