The new River Grove Elementary School for the Lake Oswego School District will be constructed on the same site as the existing school. This site is approximately 9.26 acres in the City of Lake Oswego. Construction is slated to begin June 2022 and completed for school to open Fall 2024. Students and staff will be moved to the Uplands Elementary School swing site for the 2022/2023 and 2023/2024 school years. The district is currently planning for this project to be competitively bid within a pre-selected pool of bidders.
The new River Grove building is approximately 79,800sf and includes single story and two-story components.
The scope of work includes demolition and abatement of the existing 1968 school building which is approximately 58,000sf, with an additional 9,600sf of portable classroom buildings.
Site programming includes:
- parking for approximately 70 stalls
- pickup and drop-off area for parents
- pickup and drop-off area for approximately six buses
- service yard for kitchen deliveries
- offsite improvements as determined by the City of Lake Oswego
- stormwater treatment and detention on site
- elementary-level playing field for soccer and PE activities
- hard-surface and soft-surface playground areas with play structure adjacent to a covered play area
- large garden bed area adjacent to an outdoor covered classroom