What can I do to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Follow general illness prevention guidelines: Prevention, Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Please educate your students on proper handwashing
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever (over 100.5 degrees F.)
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
What if I feel sick?
- Monitor your own illness symptoms and stay home if you are sick.
- You can follow the same communicable disease guidelines as for your students: When is my child too sick for school?
Contact your medical provider for any questions about your illness symptoms, and to determine the safest way for you to receive medical care if it is needed.
- Help to monitor students’ symptoms. If you feel a student has the symptoms listed, send them to the health room. Follow LOSD Medical Emergency Guidelines which are posted in each classroom.
What about students who have just returned from traveling abroad?
- Report travel back from Level Three (high risk) areas (within the last 14 days) to your district nurse. For current CDC travel advisories: COVID-19 information for Travelers
What else can I do to support students and those around me?
- Monitor and help prevent social stigma, discrimination, and harassment of any students possibly associated with COVID-19. Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Anticipate potential fear and anxiety from staff, students, and families. Create a safe space for expression of those worries.
- Given the current situation and the need to have the health rooms available for ill students, please refrain from sending students to the office for very minor injuries, rest breaks, or to make phone calls whenever possible. This will help to reduce transmission of illness. Health room staff will be receiving additional training to handle potentially ill students.
- For students who may require rest breaks, please identify an alternate space during this time.
For additional information please refer to these reliable sources:
- 2019-nCoV Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
For further questions and concerns, please contact your district nurse, your healthcare provider, or dial 211.
District Nurse Contact Information:
Hannah Moriniti: Hannah.Moriniti@loswego.k12.or.us