LOSD Equity Lens
LOSD Equity Statement: We are committed to equity, access, inclusion, embracing diversity, and the success of each and every student. We strive for an inclusive and barrier-free environment, with practices that ensure that each and every person has meaningful access to high-quality education and opportunities to thrive. We align with these commitments by using the following guiding questions.
Guiding Questions When making decisions and taking action, we apply the following questions:
1. How does this decision align with our mission to create an inclusive, safe learning community with challenging opportunities that develop lifelong learners and contributing world citizens? How does this decision support our strategic priorities of 1) diversity, equity, inclusion; 2) college and career success; 3) facilities and infrastructure; 4) communications and community relations?
2. Who does it impact? For example, who are the socioeconomic, racial, ethnic, ability, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation groups affected by this practice or decision? What are the potential impacts on these students, staff, families, community members? Who has opportunities and who does not?
3. Does this policy, program, practice or decision ignore, worsen or disrupt existing disparities and opportunity gaps? Does it produce other unintended consequences?
4. How does this decision contribute to a sense of inclusiveness and belonging for all, prioritizing students and families who have been historically underrepresented or marginalized?
5. How will we follow up to ensure this decision has met its intended outcomes? How will we measure success?