The Great Body Shop
THE GREAT BODY SHOP is a comprehensive health education curriculum which is sequential, developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive, and medically accurate. The lessons align with Oregon’s Health Education Standards and are embedded with social-emotional learning.
If you would like to review the health curriculum, please contact your child's school.
- Family Portal: To login to the classroom Family Portal, go to http://www.TheGreatBodyShop.net. Click on the Family link at the top of the page. Next, enter the Username and Password provided by your child’s teacher. Once logged into the Family Portal, you will have digital access to THE GREAT BODY SHOP resources assigned by the classroom teacher.
- Partnership in the teaching and learning process
- Monthly Student Issues and Family Bulletins in four languages
- Family activities, homework, and lesson extensions
- Theme-based music
- The Family Connection Newsletter
What Is Erin’s Law?
In 2015, the Oregon legislature passed SB 856, also known as Erin’s Law. Erin’s Law requires the development and adoption of child sexual abuse prevention programs for students in kindergarten through 12th grade in all Oregon public schools.
SB 856 mandates that all Oregon Public Schools provide:
- A minimum of 4 instructional sessions (equal to or greater than a standard class period) of sex abuse prevention instruction per year for grades kindergarten through 12
- Sexual abuse instruction that is integrated and part of required district comprehensive sexuality education plan and is aligned with state standards
- Instruction that is age appropriate, medically accurate, and is not shame or fear based
- Instruction that is culturally inclusive and is responsive to diverse students including race, ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation
- A parental involvement component to inform parents about child sexual abuse topics
- A professional training component for administrators, teachers and other school personnel