Mathematics provides a foundation for the learning of science and technology as well as for the interpretation of quantitative information in other subjects. It teaches how to reason logically and develops skills that students can carry into other disciplines and many situations in real life. Mathematics helps students understand how the world works while exposing them to some of its unanswered mysteries. Ensuring all students develop a solid foundation in mathematics is our challenge.(source: ODE Standards website: https://www.oregon.gov/ode/
educator-resources/standards/ mathematics/Pages/ MathStandards.aspx)
Overview of Envisionmath (Kindergarten)
Addresses Common Core rigor in a way that's easy for students to understand.
- Problem-Based, Interactive Learning
- Visual Learning Bridge
- Visual Learning Animations
- Mathematical Practice Handbook
- Mathematical Practice Animations
Overview of Go Math (Grades 1-5)
GO Math! incorporates the latest thinking in its comprehensive approach and engages digital natives with cross-platform technology. It helps teachers to differentiate instruction, building and reinforcing foundational math skills that translate from the classroom to real life.
- Prepares students for today's more rigorous math assessments
- Gives equal attention to conceptual understanding, fluency, and application
- Provides differentiated instruction resources across interactive platforms
- Utilizes the 5E instructional model - Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate
- Meets the State Standards and Common Core Standards