LAKE OSWEGO HIGH SCHOOL DIVERSITY COUNCIL
Our goal as a Diversity Council is to confront racism and all forms of bias, reinvent school culture, and foster a strong sense of belonging among all students, staff, and family at Lake Oswego High School.
We plan to accomplish this goal by:
- Making the invisible, visible, and by making representation of diversity of gender, race, sexual orientation, and neurodiversity a priority.
- Promoting curriculum that reflects the broad, beautiful range of humanity in our classrooms.
- Equipping students with cultural fluency and empathetic understanding.
- Insisting that discriminatory behavior is dealt with swiftly and effectively.
- Advocating for the clear communication of the expectation of tolerant, respectful behavior by all the citizens of Lake Oswego High School.
- Teaching through compassionate conversation, modeling through respectful behavior, and by affirming support for diversity on all fronts.
- Celebrating and honoring the long continuum of culture, ensuring that all feel welcome and included in all aspects of school.
MEETING TIMES:We meet every other Wednesday in room 205 (Ms. Davis's room) after school from 3:30-4:00. Also, there are weekly meetings on A days in Ms. Sanchez's room 117 during A day Support Seminar.Community members are welcome to attend.