Tips to Obtain a Quality Instrument
- Your child's success on an instrument is affected by the quality of the instrument. By renting an instrument, you can obtain a higher quality instrument in fractional sizes. Rental programs should also include insurance and repair. Shop around and ask for specifics.
- Visit with local specialists to compare quality and rental programs. This would be a fun summer activity, and if your child is part of the discussion of the financial commitment, they are more likely to care for it and practice more as well. :-)
- Connect with metro area music stores in June to reserve an instrument rental for your child. Don't delay! Stores may not have instruments in stock if you wait until August.
- Bring your child to the store with you for sizing. We encourage you to call first to make sure someone skilled is available at your visit. Please make certain that the fine tuners easily turn. That is an indicator of the quality of instrument, and it is important to have a good product.
- Students will need an instrument on the first day of class!
- Tuesday, Sept. 10th: Elementary Orchestra (students that have played more than 1 year)
- Tuesday, Sept. 17th: Beginning Strings