Lake Oswego School District
2455 SW Country Club Road
P.O. Box 70
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
Superintendent: Christine Moses
AP Exam Policies and Procedures
Dear AP Test Takers & Parents/Guardians,
AP exam administration will take approximately 4 hours per exam. Students may not be dismissed until an AP exam has officially ended; do not ask to leave early, even if everyone else has also completed the exam. If you play a sport or have a job, etc., it is your responsibility to inform your coach/employer/etc., of your AP Exam schedule, and make arrangements accordingly.
Get a good night’s rest before your exam, and eat a nutritious breakfast. You are allowed to bring a small snack and water for your 10-minute break (not at your desk). It is advisable to dress in layers, in case the room temperature is above or below your comfort level.
You should bring the following items to the exam room:
- Several sharpened No. 2 pencils (with erasers) for all multiple-choice answer sheets. No mechanical pencils allowed.
- Several pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- Photo ID-This can be Student ID, Government ID, etc
- Up to two calculators--but only for authorized exams. Clarify with your instructor in advance and visit www.collegeboard.org/ap/calculators to verify whether a calculator is approved and what capabilities are authorized (i.e., Four-function (with square root)? Scientific? Graphing?)
You should not bring the following to the exam room:
- Cell phones, PDAs, MP3 players, e-mail/messaging devices, and any other electronic or communication devices including “smart” watches, etc.
- Books, compasses, colored pencils, correction fluid, erasers, dictionaries, highlighters, or notes.
- Rulers and straightedges (except for AP Physics exams).
- Pencil sharpeners (which is why bringing several sharpened pencils is strongly advised).
- Scratch paper (notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets).
- Computers or calculators (except as noted above).
- Watches that beep or have an alarm (a clock will be visible to all testers).
- Portable listening or recording devices (even with headphones) or photographic equipment.
- Clothing with subject-related information.
- Refer to the College Board webpage regarding “What Students Can and Cannot Bring”: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/ap_coordinators/on_exam_day/232018.html
You are required to abide by the policies of both the College Board and the Lake Oswego School District during the exam period. Any misconduct will be reported and could jeopardize your AP Exam grade. Cost, payment, deadlines, additional fees, cancellations, schedule-conflict processes, etc., apply per instructions set forth in the 2019 LOHS AP Pre-Registration Handout distributed by the AP Coordinator at the Pre-Registration AP Assembly (and which can be accessed on the school’s AP Exam website link once online registration has opened). Be sure to review the 2018-2019 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents which students receive during the Pre-Registration AP Assembly (and which is also available via the school’s AP Exams website link.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact your school’s AP Coordinator.
Barbara Mackey LOHS AP Coordinator email@example.com 503-534-2328