ADVANCED PLACEMENT EXAMS
Advanced Placement (AP) exams are held each May, as College Board's culminating assessment activity. This site is created for LHS AP students and parents/guardians to access information specifically related to AP exams. NOTE: This site does not offer information regarding enrollment/acceptance into AP courses; For that, please contact your School Counselor or the AP Instructor.
- Why take AP? College Board provides quick facts about the benefit of their program.
- 2017-18 College Board "AP Bulletin for Parents & Students" College Board's multi-page brochure of information, including deadlines/schedules, exam-day considerations, checklists, and more.
- 2018 District AP Policies & Procedures A summary of the District's basic policies and procedures regarding the 2018 AP exams. ??
- 2018 LHS AP Registration Instructions Registration instructions and timelines for the AP Exams in May 2018. The Registration Window does not open until 6:00 a.m., February 5, 2018.
- 2018 LHS AP Exam Cancellation Information, instructions, and a form that must be filled out and turned in for students requesting to cancel an AP Exam already paid for.
- 2018 AP Alternate Exam Information Exam conflicts can happen (sports, family trips, etc.) This document provides the information regarding rescheduling your aP exam to the Alternate Week of AP exams.
- AP FAQs An evolving list of answers tailored for LHS students and parents.
- AP Credit Policies for UO and OSU Colleges This is a sampling of AP courses/scores that convert to college credit within the Oregon university system. Visit other university sites for their AP credit policies.
- What Students Can and Cannot Bring to AP Exams
- AP Exams Calculator Policy Not all "STEM" AP exams allow calculators. Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Statistics, and Physics allow four-function, scientific, or graphing calculators for portions of the exam. No other exams allow calculators of any sort. Students are expected to discuss the intricacies of College Board's calculator policy with their teacher and research further on their own. This link is only one avenue towards that due-diligence.
- AP Practice Exams Get ready for the exams by practicing with sample questions and knowing what to expect on exam day.
If you have any questions, please contact your school’s AP Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org