Facility Information & Terms of Agreement
- Complete the online Facility Use Application.
- Requests/Reservations may only be submitted by the month.
- Submit a Certificate of Liability Insurance.
- School events/activities have priority for District Facility Use.
- It is the policy of the Lake Oswego School Board of Education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, or age (including state and federal protected classes) in any educational programs, activities or employment.
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking/tobacco products allowed on, or in, any district property, including parking lots and fields.
- No food or beverage (other than water) may be consumed in district gyms.
- No firearms, fireworks, fire pits, indoor barbecues, candles, fog machines, balloons or glitter may be used on School District property.
- Facility monitors or custodians must be present at all non-District events for safety and security reasons; fees will be applied.
- All event items brought in must be removed by renter at completion.
- Non-marking soled shoes must be worn during gym activities. (No cleats etc.)
- Restrooms are not always provided for outdoor events.
- Youth athletes must have adult coach/supervision at all times.
- Park in designated parking lot areas only. Violators will be towed at the owner's expense.
- District closures (weather or emergencies) may affect facility usage.
Non-compliance with the rules which govern Facility Use in the Lake Oswego School District may terminate current permits or may influence future requests being granted.
Facility Use Terms of Agreement
DISTRICT agrees to provide the facilities listed on this request. It is agreed that said facilities will be in reasonable working order.
USER agrees to the following:
- Observe all federal and state laws, policies of the DISTRICT (a copy of which is available for review upon request) and regulations of the Superintendent or principal of the school where the premises to be rented are located.
- Prohibit smoking or other uses of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages or other controlled substances on DISTRICT property.
- Hold the DISTRICT harmless for any malfunction, injury, liability, or property damage incurred by person or persons using DISTRICT facilities.
- Make restitution for any damage incurred during use of the facility.
- Certify that the organization has an open membership and complies with all federal, state and municipal equal opportunity laws and regulations regarding discrimination.
- That all classifications or uses requiring any additional custodial work will be charged. The facility user is required to leave the premises in condition found.
- Applicants agree that the use of the facilities and this application shall be revocable by the DISTRICT at any time.
- A Certificate of Insurance must be on file prior to any use at least 10 days prior to the event with the Community School office. Users with employees must submit evidence of valid workers compensation insurance. All outside users must provide a Certificate of Insurance with Lake Oswego School District, its employees and board of directors listed as additional insureds with General Liability Insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000.000
Certificate Holder Name and Address:
Lake Oswego School District
PO Box 70
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Renters will be invoiced. Payment is required in full when an invoice is received.
The following fee(s) will be assessed for all user initiated cancellations:
10% ($25 minimum) - on or before 15 days prior to the scheduled event
25% ($50 minimum) - between 14 -10 days prior to the scheduled event
50% ($75 minimum) - between 9 - 5 days prior to the scheduled event
100% - No refunds will be processed for events cancelled 4 days or less prior to the scheduled event.
- The cancellation fee does not apply if the district cancels the event, which may include inclement weather.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the reservation date
- Any requested cancellations or changes to your event must be submitted in writing or through email. (Phone calls, voicemail or text messages will not be accepted for cancellations).