Kindergarten Counts 2019-20
Attention all incoming kindergarten students for the 2019-20 school year! Kindergarten Counts has been scheduled for January 23, 2019, at 6:00 pm. More information coming soon.
Online Registration and Enrollment Guidelines
NEW FOR 2019 - ONLINE REGISTRATION!
In 2019, Kindergarten Counts coincides with the debut of the District's new online registration portal. Rather than providing a paper registration form that night, parents will learn about online registration so that they can later enroll their children from home or wherever they access the internet. Additional information will be posted on the LOSD website.
- Students must be five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
- Parents of children with a fifth birthday on or between September 2 and September 15 may request consideration for early admission. Please see the Early Admission Information link.
- Lake Oswego elementary schools offer a full-day kindergarten program to all students.
- All enrollments are date and time stamped upon receipt.
- On May 1st, any school that has more age-eligible* registered kindergarten students than capacity will be entered into a lottery.
- Lottery Deadline: May 1, 2019
- Siblings will be given priority in the lottery but MUST apply by the May 1 deadline.
- Lottery Date: May 8, 2019
- Lottery Notification Date: May 10, 2019
- All enrollments not selected in the lottery or received after the May 1 cut off, whose school is at capacity, would then be automatically overflowed to other schools in the district.
- Overflow schools won't be finalized until summer and we will notify families as soon as school assignments are determined.
- Bus transportation will be provided for overflow students.
- Any students who are overflowed for kindergarten will return to their home school for 1st grade.
*early-admission students must be assessed and pass the approval process and will be placed at the end of the applicant list.
Kindergarten Enrollment Status by School: 2018-19
Any school that had more registered kindergarten students than capacity held a lottery in May 2018. Any students not selected in the lottery, or applications received after the May 1st cutoff will be automatically overflowed to other schools in the district. Current status:
- Westridge - Accepting kindergarten students
- Lake Grove - Accepting kindergarten students
- Hallinan - Accepting kindergarten students
- River Grove - At capacity^. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at River Grove***. Nofication of school placement will occur as soon as possible.
- Oak Creek - Accepting kindergarten students
- Forest Hills - Accepting kindergarten students
^ NOTE: Should a kindergarten spot become available at River Grove (before December 31, 2018), age-eligible overflowed students will be contacted, in order of application receipt, for the opportunity to return to River Grove for the current school year.