Entering Kindergarten 2019-20?
- Open to students who will be five years old by September 1.
- Geographical boundaries determine the attendance area for each school in Lake Oswego. Search for your resident school by entering your address in our SchoolSearch database.
- Online registration is available for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Lottery deadline for kindergarten registration: May 1, 2019.
Online Registration and Enrollment Guidelines
In 2019, kindergarten registration will be done on the District's new online registration portal. Rather than providing a paper registration form, families will use online registration to enroll their child(ren).
- Students must be five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
- Parents of children with a fifth birthday on or between September 2 and September 15 may request consideration for early admission. Please contact Sharmae Carlisle at the District office: 503-534-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Lake Oswego elementary schools offer a full-day kindergarten program to all students.
Online registration SHOULD be used if:
- You are registering a new student who has never attended an LOSD school or program at any time in grade K-12 or post-high school.
- You live within LOSD boundaries.
- You are registering your student for one of the District's 6 schools.
Online registration should NOT be used if:
- Returning Student: your student withdrew from an LOSD school in the past, is not currently enrolled in LOSD, and is now returning to an LOSD school. Use the paper registration form.
- Preschool or pre-kindergarten: you wish to enroll your student into preschool or pre-kindergarten. (Apply through LOSD's Community School.)
- Early Admission: you wish to enroll your student into a grade level that is above the student’s age. Visit our Kindergarten Early Admission page for information about this grade level.
- Kindergarten enrollment at your resident school is conducted by lottery.
- Lottery Deadline: May 1, 2019.
- Lottery Tier 1: Age-eligible siblings currently attending the same resident school will be given priority and will not go into the lottery but MUST register by the May 1 deadline.
- Lottery Tier 2: Age-eligible registrations received by May 1, 2019.
- Lottery Tier 3: All registrations (including sibling and early admission) received after May 1, 2019 are subject to availability.
- Lottery Date: May 8, 2019.
- Lottery Notification Date: May 10, 2019.
- All enrollments not selected in the lottery or received after the May 1 cut off, whose school is at capacity, would then be automatically overflowed to other schools in the district.
- Overflow schools won't be finalized until summer and we will notify families as soon as school assignments are determined.
- Most families are enrolled and attend at their resident school and are not included in the lottery process.
- Bus transportation will be provided for overflow students.
- Early-admission candidates must be assessed and pass the approval process. Approved early-admission students will be placed at the end of the applicant list for placement in their resident school.
- Any students who are overflowed for kindergarten will return to their home school for 1st grade.
Kindergarten Enrollment Status by School: 2018-19
In the event that the number of kindergarten registrants exceeds the number of spaces available at each resident school, new registrants will be assigned to another district elementary school. Current status:
- Westridge - Accepting kindergarten students
- Lake Grove - Accepting kindergarten students
- Hallinan - Accepting kindergarten students
- River Grove - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at River Grove***. Nofication of school placement will occur as soon as possible.
- Oak Creek - At capacity. New registrations will be overflowed to another school in the district. ***Please register at Oak Creek***. Nofication of school placement will occur as soon as possible.
- Forest Hills - Accepting kindergarten students