Mathematics provides a foundation for the learning of science and technology as well as for the interpretation of quantitative information in other subjects. The following is the sequence of Mathematics courses at LOHS:
Geometry or Integrated Alg/Geometry
Advanced Algebra A or Advanced Algebra
Pre-Calculus or Discrete Math
AP Calculus AB or AP Statistics
AP Calculus BC
Note: Course offerings are subject to change.
- A graphing calculator ((TI-83 Series, TI-84 Series, TI-89 and TI-Nspire) is required for Advanced Algebra and beyond. It is also recommended for Algebra and Geometry.
- Discrete Math can be taken any time after Advanced Algebra and can be taken concurrently with either Pre-Calculus or AP Calculus AB/BC.
- AP Statistics and AP Calculus can be taken concurrently if Senior.
- Math Connections is an elective credit class that supports students in their regular math class.
- Placement recommendations are made by the student’s current math teacher for the following year.