Daily Schedule and Routines
Families are welcome to drop students off beginning at 8:00 am, where students can line up with their teacher in physically distanced lines. Students will be let into the building starting at 8:10, and class begins promptly at 8:20. Students will continue to enter their classrooms through assigned entrances (see below). We are asking that parents and caregivers do not park and walk their child/ren in. We will have many warm and welcoming adults who will be there to support students through the arrival process.
MTWF: 8:20 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
TH: 8:20 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Assigned Location for Lining Up and Entering the Building:
- Kindergarten and 1st Graders: At the front entrance under the overhang
- 3rd and 4th Graders: Near the garden area (to the left of the front entrance)
- 2nd and 5th Graders: Near the West door to the building near the bike racks (to the right of the front entrance)
Parent Drop Off Notes:
In order to help with student safety and traffic flow in the lot and the neighborhood, please:
- avoid arriving early.
- pay close attention to staff.
- pay close attention to pedestrians in the lot and neighboring streets.
- if driving, come north up Kingsgate only, then through the parking lot.
- encourage children who can to unbuckle car seats and get out on their own.
- support your children who need assistance unbuckling.
- say goodbye quickly and move safely out of the lot.
All busses will arrive at the Melrose gate. Students will get off the bus at 8:10. We will have staff there to greet students and walk them to their teacher.
Walkers should arrive between 8:00-8:10, but not before. Parents will need to walk students to school. Only the Kingsgate Crosswalk will have a duty.Dismissal:
- Students will be walked by class to the the bus pick up area or the parent pick up area.
- Cars can begin lining up at 2:25 (grades K-1) and 2:40 (grades 2-5) (1:45 and 2:00 on Thursdays)
- If you are meeting your child on foot, you can wait in one of the marked locations for your child to walk to meet you, (masks are not required, but strongly encouraged).